About the Course
This tailor-made training on Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) will go long way supporting practitioners as well as allow managers and regulators move efficiently from traditional planning and design techniques to smart, cost effective and sustainable water and sanitation solutions.
To equip practitioners, managers and regulators with state of art tools and techniques for required for water sensitive urban design and planning.
- Build skills to use GIS and RS in sustainable water management in city/region.
- Enhance understanding on various data portals: USGS Earth Explorer, Bhuvan, OpenStreetMap, Toposheets, etc.
- Prepare maps and perform analysis using open-source GIS packages for designing and implementing green infrastructure for improved water security in city/region.
- GIS Package: The course will be run on open-source GIS package, Quantum-GIS (Q-GIS).
- Language of Instruction: English