Mapping excreta of a city is increasingly being used to analyse the sanitation in urban areas. An excreta flow diagram (also often described as shit flow diagram), can help to achieve this by offering a new and innovative way to engage sanitation experts, political leaders and civil society in coordinated discussions about excreta management in their city.
CSE - School of Water and Waste (SWW) is organising this training programme on Preparation of SFD to sensitise and equip practitioners in mapping excreta flows using the Shit Flow Diagram (SFD) Tool, and using it for preparing city-wide sanitation strategies.
- Understand SFDs (graphic and report) and the history of their development
- Understand the need for a standardized methodology
- Understand the available tool including their context, range and how to use them
- Use the developed tools to go through a worked example
- Understand the support available to enable the development of SFD for their city