How should Southeast and South Asia move ahead?
December 7-19, 2020
Total time for the course: 20 hours (10 hours per week)
The Southeast and South Asian regions hold some of the world’s most dynamic and emerging major economies. Experts predict that power demand here is all set to rise four-fold by 2040. While the coal-based thermal power sector hogs the lion’s share of power generation in this region – and will remain a key player for some time to come – it is also true that the sector is a substantial contributor to unbridled environmental pollution.
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), the India-based think tank, is working with governments, industry, regulatory agencies and civil society in this region to help the sector transition to cleaner power. We invite you to an online training course to understand the challenges that the region faces from this industry, and to share the learnings and knowledge of how pollution from coal-based thermal plants can be reduced and managed.
This course is open to industry professionals, regulatory bodies, academicians, students, consultancies, government officials, and other interested participants.
The course will be conducted by the School of Industrial Pollution and Governance, under Anil Agarwal Environmental Training Institute (AAETI), a CSE initiative.
- Coal power and energy mix – an overview of the situation globally and in the Southeast and South Asian region
- Thermal power pollution norms and compliance status – the experience in India
- Pollution monitoring in thermal power plants
- Improving energy efficiency in the thermal power sector
- Key strategies for reducing GHG from thermal power plants
- Reducing water footprints and water conservation strategies
- Fly ash disposal and management and other environmental issues
Scholarships available for limited number of government officials from the power sector from Southeast and South Asian countries based on merit
For more details contact,
Deputy Programme Manager
Industry Pollution Unit
Contact number +91 8527156760
Email id: email@example.com