Date: Between 30th October and 12th November’20
Last date of Registration: October 15, 2020
Will construction of toilets in numbers end our quest for sanitation utopia? Certainly not. Countries across the globe will now have to wake up to the fresh challenge of disposal of the massive quantities of solid and liquid waste generated by the new toilets they have built.
This waste can easily turn into a health hazard by seeping into our groundwater and other water bodies like lakes and rivers. The challenge is intensified in rural areas, where on-site containment is the only solution. Out of-the-box thinking on safe containment and management is vital in such areas.
The 2019 Joint Monitoring Progress report flags issues of safely managed sanitation services, stressing the need for management of excreta throughout the sanitation chain, from hygienic toilets, containment and emptying, to conveyance, treatment and, most importantly, reuse.
THE KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Knowledge of safe adaptable and sustainable technologies for managing toilet waste
- Understanding of decentralised technologies used for management of grey and black water
- Training on how to reuse of the wastewater/faecal sludge.
- Guidance on the use of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials effectively for safe disposal/reuse of faecal sludge.
- Connecting water to toilets – how to make the usage of toilets sustainable.
ABOUT THE TRAINING:
CSE is organizing a training programme on key topics of faecal sludge management in rural areas. The course comprises of material handpicked from years of CSE's work in the field for self-study, and learning tools such as presentations, audios and videos, all featuring the most relevant case studies. The training will provide online forums for discussion. Quizzes and assignments will also be part of this programme. There will be two one-hour-long live sessions with experts, one each week. Training modules in Hindi will also be introduced.
To register Contact
Programme Officer, Rural Water-Waste Programme
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile/ WhatsApp: + 91-9911339540