This second online training is a part of series of activities envisaged under 3-year duration CSE programme – ‘Capacity building initiative focusing on ‘Making Ganga basin cities water sensitive’. Under this initiative series of – webinars, workshops trainings (both online and residential), field exposure visits, knowledge conclaves aimed at engaging 1,300+ number state / municipal functionaries and other sector players.
Capacity building of State/Municipal functionaries and other sector players on issues, challenges and potential of urban water bodies management and mainstreaming water sensitive urban design and planning.
- Overview of existing issues and challenges in the waterbodies (and its catchment) management in urban areas.
- WSUDP - approach and its potential in urban water bodies management.
- Baseline survey and data collection – Step by step preparing for urban waterbodies management
- Understand enabling institutional frameworks and regulations applicable for mainstreaming WSUDP and urban water bodies management
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) and case studies of successfully implemented projects and socio economic effectiveness.