Course dates: August 23-31, 2022

Last date to apply: August 19, 2022
Course duration: One week (12 hours)

The world generates 275 million tonne (MT) of plastic waste every year; over 50 per cent of this plastic that ends up as waste is manufactured for single use packaging. Globally, of all the plastics that have been produced, only 9 per cent has been recycled while about 12 per cent is incinerated. The rest is simply dumped and finds its way into our environment, including our waterbodies.

India reportedly generates 25,940 tonne of plastic waste on a daily basis, 60 per cent of which is recycled. The remaining 40 per cent is mismanaged and ends up in dumpsites and on land and in water, adding to pollution.

Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) invites applications for an online course on all aspects of plastics and plastic waste management (see Course Highlights for details). CSE, which has been working on policy and advocacy for sustainable plastic waste management, recognises the need to adopt resourceefficient waste management regimes.

For further details, please contact the course coordinator

Research intern
Centre for Science and Environment
Contact: +91 7827392845