This online training is a part of series of activities envisaged under 3-year duration CSE programme – ‘Capacity building initiative focusing on ‘Making Ganga basin cities water sensitive’. The programme is supported by National Mission Clean Ganga and is part of the series of ongoing efforts by NMCG aimed to ensuring convergence of Namami Gange Mission with national flagship urban missions (AMRUT, Smart Cities, Swachh Bharat Mission, HRIDAY, NULM) and other missions (Atal Bhujal Yojana, Jal Jeewan Mission, Jal Shakti Mission) at state /city level across Ganga basin states.
The training will focus on Water-Sensitive Urban Design and Planning (WSUDP) approach which integrates the urban water cycle, water supply, wastewater and storm water and groundwater management.
Capacity building of State / Municipal functionaries and other sector players involved in city planning and urban infrastructure development.
- Understanding of the concept and approach of Water Sensitive Urban Design and Planning (WSUDP)
- Potential and opportunities for connecting water, urban planning/development in the Ganga basin cities\
- WSUDP features at different scales of intervention
- Key tools and approaches for plan, policy, programme and projects
- Best Management Practices (BMPs), state of art knowledge in the area of WSUDP
- Case studies of successfully implemented WSUDP projects
- Community of practice in WSUDP sector
- Course Director: Depinder Kapur
- Course Coordinator: Shivani Y